Premed 101 Forums

Would I be ready to write this summer?

kingston

So currently Im in 2nd year and by the end of this term I will have the following courses completed that may help me on the mcat; 1st yr bio, 1st chem, human physiology, human anatomy, and biomechanics (has a little physics lol). The only courses which I feel I need to complete is organic chemistry and physics. I've heard the physics section is something which I can study on my own but what Im worried about is the organic chem section. I'm planning on taking organic chem in the summer, it runs from may 7th to aug 3rd. For those that have written the mcat do you think this is a feasible plan? The reason to why I want to write the mcat during the summer going to 3rd year is because I feel this is the best year that i will be able to retain much what I have already learned. The dates I'm thinking about for writing is sometime between aug 23- sept 7. Also I haven't even registered a seat, do you think that they may be all filled up by now, and if so, would they open up?

So currently Im in 2nd year and by the end of this term I will have the following courses completed that may help me on the mcat; 1st yr bio, 1st chem, human physiology, human anatomy, and biomechanics (has a little physics lol). The only courses which I feel I need to complete is organic chemistry and physics. I've heard the physics section is something which I can study on my own but what Im worried about is the organic chem section. I'm planning on taking organic chem in the summer, it runs from may 7th to aug 3rd. For those that have written the mcat do you think this is a feasible plan? The reason to why I want to write the mcat during the summer going to 3rd year is because I feel this is the best year that i will be able to retain much what I have already learned. The dates I'm thinking about for writing is sometime between aug 23- sept 7. Also I haven't even registered a seat, do you think that they may be all filled up by now, and if so, would they open up?

Go for it. I wrote the MCAT after 2nd year which is right after I took 2 semesters of orgo and I was very happy it was all fresh in my mind. There will most likely only be 2 passage of orgo on your MCAT b/c they have been emphasizing bio a lot more. Those seats wont fill up for a while but just register to be safe. I wrote the MCAT after 2nd year and its a great idea b/c if you dont get the score you need you can rewrite after 3rd with experience. Otherwise you only have one shot after your 3rd year.

Archived