Premed 101 Forums

VR Study Schedule

mayling

I am not a help to you however I am in the same boat as you trying to apply only to U of C and also having struggle with VR (though I am a science student). I do not think it matters what your background is for VR section

I am following ExamKrackers and trying to follow their method and do every Verbal reasoning passage that i can get hold of. I have EK, Princeton review VR passages (I am not following their method of VR) books as well as EK 101 Passages. Once I am done with these, I will borrow some VR books from SAT, GMAT etc (they are pretty much similar)

That is my strategy... Would like to hear from others.

Depends on how much time you have to study... but in general,

-do not use more than one practice test in a day—there are limited EK practice tests available, you want to maximize their use by spreading them out.

-A lot of people (previous premed101, SDN) recommend using the EK full tests regularly (1-3 times every week depending on time), but not too frequently in the weeks prior to the MCAT for maximum efficiency.

-If you have a lot of time to study, use other material (other than EK) before using EK practice tests but spread them out as well to get the most out of it.

Archived