Premed 101 Forums

Where to live in Hamilton?

Hey Everyone!

I am moving to Hamilton for residency! Yah! And now I need to start looking for places to live.

What are good neighbourhoods to live in in Hamilton? I'm probably looking for something that is in close proximity to St. Joseph's hospital but am open to suggestions.

Thanks!!!

DreamBig

Congratulations on matching to McMaster!

There are a lot of nice apartment buildings near Main/Bay and Main/Caroline. The only issue is that superintendents may prefer people who lease or buy an apartment rather than renters. You may also have luck renting an apartment on Locke Street which is a short bike ride away from St. Joe's. It's known as the hippest street in Hamilton with a lot of young professionals and graduate students living along there. Locke also has a lot of independent shops and restaurants that make it quite desirable for the socially conscious.

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations on matching at McMaster! You will love your experience at St. Joes!

I would recommend Chateau Royale (http://www.chateauroyale.ca/) which is the best destination for residents. It is less than a block away from St. Joes and has pristine living conditions.

Good luck!

I would recommend not paying $1400 a month (sans utilities and a parking space...) for a 1 br apartment, but that's just me.

go onto kijiji, craigslist, and housing rental websites that manage buildings in hamilton and start looking. a lot of things won't open up til May if you're looking for July 1 accommodations (if that's the day all new residents start) because of people having to give 60 days notice by then.

good luck and congrats!

Archived