Premed 101 Forums

IB determines admission?

To whom it may concern,

I am certainly very confused on this matter, have received ambiguous and/or vague responses from my desired universities, and have had the most difficulty in locating the answer to my query on medical school websites. I do greatly desire the bluntest and most honest of answers.

I am an IB student. My university is forcing me into second year. I am to use my Higher Level IB grades to acquire transfer credits. When I apply to medical school, will they see my final IB grades, or just the transfer credits?

And so, really, my question is: will my IB scores affect admission into medical school, given that the undergraduate portion of my application is at once equally as outstanding as others who are being considered?

I beg you so very much to supply me with a clear answer with supporting evidence, rather than one engulfed in anecdotes or basked in doubt. Thank you so very much.

Regards,

Louis

Simple answer - call the medical schools and ask.

This is a pretty specific situation, especially if your prereqs are going to be IB. Each school will have a different policy.

You can also look at the AMCAS site to see if they require IB transcripts.

Archived