Premed 101 Forums

Is Undergrad Physics a Must in the US?

Hi,

I've taken a look at quite a few US med schools, and it seems that all of them require at least a year of physics in addition to the usual general chem, orgo, and biology requirements.

Anyone know of any US schools (that accept Canadians) that don't require physics as a pre-req?

Thanks!

Look it up on MSAR - that will give you the information for each school. You don't have to complete physics before you apply, just before you matriculate so you still have time to do it.

Good luck!

+1

also, I think it's a much better idea to take physics b/c you are severely limiting your options by applying to only those that don't need physics.

Look it up on MSAR - that will give you the information for each school. You don't have to complete physics before you apply, just before you matriculate so you still have time to do it.

Good luck!

Oh good call. I didn't even think of that. Thanks - I will!

+1

also, I think it's a much better idea to take physics b/c you are severely limiting your options by applying to only those that don't need physics.

Hey...thanks for the response. Just to clarify, you mean it would severely limit my chances/options in the US, right? Most Canadian schools don't seem to care about physics, except U of A and McGill...unless I'm missing something?

Thanks again!

Hey...thanks for the response. Just to clarify, you mean it would severely limit my chances/options in the US, right? Most Canadian schools don't seem to care about physics, except U of A and McGill...unless I'm missing something?

Thanks again!

yes in the U.S. Most Canadian schools to my understanding don't require physics. Good luck!

Archived