Premed 101 Forums

How long do you talk?

During the scenarios I'm practicing, I find it hard to talk for more than 4 minutes. Usually my friends end up giving some sort of prompt or supporting question to keep me talking. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if I'm not talking enough or talking too fast.

Cheers

Leon

During the scenarios I'm practicing, I find it hard to talk for more than 4 minutes. Usually my friends end up giving some sort of prompt or supporting question to keep me talking. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if I'm not talking enough or talking too fast.

Cheers

Leon

Pretty much the same thing for me Leon, around 4-5 minutes for my first answer. But that's exactly what you want. If you drone on for 8 mins, a lot of times you'll find yourself circling. My interview last year was more of a conversation at times, the prompt questions keep things flowing nicely.

Pretty much the same thing for me Leon, around 4-5 minutes for my first answer. But that's exactly what you want. If you drone on for 8 mins, a lot of times you'll find yourself circling. My interview last year was more of a conversation at times, the prompt questions keep things flowing nicely.

Singh, did you interview at Mac last year?

Cheers

Leon

If your problem is talking too fast, hopefully your friends will tell you that! If you have a tendency to talk fast, really focus on speed when you practice, since nerves will make it even worse on game day.

I rarely used the full time allotted for the MMI. My answers were usually about 5 min at most. The interviewer will have a couple of follow up questions to ask you, so don't worry about filling the entire time babbling- your main focus should be answering the question, not using all the time! If you finish early, that is OK, you are not docked points unless you did not fully answer the question. (But be warned: sitting in a small room in silence staring at another person is super awkward ;) )

Yeah, was waitlisted, but never got in off of it. Here's to good luck for all of us this interview session!

Damn, I hate the thought of not getting in after interview. Scares me to shreds. I felt UWO was too easy and that worries me.

It's nuts to think we can "feel" good about how an interview goes, but not end up getting in.

Does anyone know if the interviewers receive information about the applicants beforehand? Are they going to ask follow-up questions based on our own personal backgrounds?

As far as I know, they do not receive your personal information. Any follow-up questions they ask will probably stem from the scenario itself or from anything you've mentioned in your answer.

Does anyone know if the interviewers receive information about the applicants beforehand? Are they going to ask follow-up questions based on our own personal backgrounds?

AFAIK no and no. They are not supposed to know anything about you, to keep the process as objective as possible.

Archived