Premed 101 Forums

Ratio of interviewed/accepted for IP McGill Dentistry

Not sure but I think you are put in a group of 6 and then 2 out of those 6 get offers. After that you have maybe a 10-15% shot of getting in off the waitlist when people withdraw to go elsewhere. Of course that all depends where you're ranked but nobody really knows their position

Not sure but I think you are put in a group of 6 and then 2 out of those 6 get offers. After that you have maybe a 10-15% shot of getting in off the waitlist when people withdraw to go elsewhere. Of course that all depends where you're ranked but nobody really knows their position

do you know how many ppl usually withdraw??

not too many unfortunately. its a world class institution with very reasonable tuition. usually people from ontario drop out when they get in off the waitlist at UofT, western etc..

I don't think they make a distinction of IP vs OOP on the waitlist..although I could be wrong about that.

not too many unfortunately. its a world class institution with very reasonable tuition. usually people from ontario drop out when they get in off the waitlist at UofT, western etc..

I don't think they make a distinction of IP vs OOP on the waitlist..although I could be wrong about that.

I heard even for interview, they make a distiontio for IP vs OOP (for OOP it's harder to get in even if you ace your interview because they use diff. weight factor) is that true?

I also noticed that they seem to have cut down the # of interviewees. According to the mcgill dmd website they invited 70 total out of around 450 applicants last year. i distinctly remember when my friend interviewed in 2008 there were something like 50-60 OOP students and similar IP numbers with each day having 10 different groups of interviewers and 5-6 applicants per group. Hopefully this means there's a better shot of getting in now! :)

I also noticed that they seem to have cut down the # of interviewees. According to the mcgill dmd website they invited 70 total out of around 450 applicants last year. i distinctly remember when my friend interviewed in 2008 there were something like 50-60 OOP students and similar IP numbers with each day having 10 different groups of interviewers and 5-6 applicants per group. Hopefully this means there's a better shot of getting in now! :)

really? But i heard they cut down the number of accepted applicants too, so doesn't that equal out?

No not true. There are 34 spots. In fact there used to be 32 but they increased it to 34 in recent years. Made it harder for people wanting to transfer to McGill after having completed 1 year of dental school elsewhere

are you interviewing in IP category this year???

i'm hearing around 6 ppl, correct me if i'm wrong

Yes 6-7 people from OOP and approx 18-20 from IP..There are allready 6 pre-dent students who were selected last year to join the class of 2016.. so the total is going to be around 32-34

• 4 weeks later...
Yes 6-7 people from OOP and approx 18-20 from IP..There are allready 6 pre-dent students who were selected last year to join the class of 2016.. so the total is going to be around 32-34

Just curious how you know that only 6 pre-dents will be joining the class of 2016? Don't they accept 10?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived