Premed 101 Forums

When are 2nd Round Apps Processed/Reviewed?

Congrats on IVs!

I assume for Internal you applied to Sask and Northern?

Do they send rejections for 2nd round or just invites?

I have been offered interviews at Dal and Western but only Family medicine which is my backup for Internal. Haven't heard from Internal yet.

EDIT: Just been offered a third family interview.

Thanks!

Yes NOSM and Saskatchewan are the only choices but I'm happy getting into either programs as long as I am doing Internal Medicine. Internal has been competitive this year and I was an idiot to apply to just 5 programs in the first iteration. I have just been offered Internal NOSM. So 4 interviews so far.

I think only those selected for interview are contacted. Check the program description under second iteration.

Sweet! You IMG or CMG?

Thanks!

Yes NOSM and Saskatchewan are the only choices but I'm happy getting into either programs as long as I am doing Internal Medicine. Internal has been competitive this year and I was an idiot to apply to just 5 programs in the first iteration. I have just been offered Internal NOSM. So 4 interviews so far.

I think only those selected for interview are contacted. Check the program description under second iteration.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding 2nd Iteration?

I haven't heard anything from the 2 programs I applied to in Surg...is it still way too early, even though file review opened last wednesday?

I have no idea how 2nd round works,

Thanks!

Hey Blitz, which surgery programs did you apply to? I applied to all 3 general surgery positions. Haven't heard from any of them either. Have you?

Hey Blitz, which surgery programs did you apply to? I applied to all 3 general surgery positions. Haven't heard from any of them either. Have you?

Nice to see someone applied to Gen Surg as well, I haven't heard anything!

But I'm IMG...so I can't apply to Calgary :(, just TO/Sask.

Keep me posted if you hear anything, I'm really nervous, since I only applied to gen surg.

You apply for anything else?

Keep me posted if you hear anything, I'm really nervous, since I only applied to gen surg.

Why would you apply so selectively in the second round?

Yeah pretty nervous about it too. Chances are looking slimmer and slimmer as each day goes by. Seems like many programs have already sent out interview invitations.

Yeah I also applied to family as well, just in case.

Good luck. Keep me posted if you hear anything too.

Well i still think its a bit early...hasn't been a week yet since file review opened...and ranking closes April 4th.

So I might be optimistic, but I'm sure invites will (hopefully) be coming out until mid-next week....

I wouldn't call it early. A lot of things need to have happened before april 4th rolls around. Some programs require in-person interview so a bit of warning seems professional. Other programs state that they will finish interviewing by the start of next week. Then there is UBC FM who was courteous enough to send out an email stating their invites will go out this thursday or friday.

Can we make a list of where and when you received invites?

FM:

Calgary: 3/16

UWO: 3/16

Queens: 3/19

yeh true, when I said early, I meant that I don't think all the invites have been sent out yet.

Is it fair to assume that programs that have lots of unfilled spots (Psych/IM/FM) will probably be going out this week because of higher numbers of applicants, whereas other programs with just 1 spot may not be in a rush due to fewer number of apps and therefore out next week?

My friend said Sask IM went out on 3/19

I know Ortho Western went out 3/16

I wouldn't call it early. A lot of things need to have happened before april 4th rolls around. Some programs require in-person interview so a bit of warning seems professional. Other programs state that they will finish interviewing by the start of next week. Then there is UBC FM who was courteous enough to send out an email stating their invites will go out this thursday or friday.

Can we make a list of where and when you received invites?

FM:

Well my friend is IMG....so maybe Sask IM have different dates for CMGs?

Not sure.

Seems like only IM/FM have been pumping out invites....?

FM:

Dalhousie: 3/15

IM:

NOSM: 3/19

USask IM invites were out on the 19th? Too bad then.

same, no news is good news...right? lol

Although I heard that alberta residency programs don't fill 2nd round spots, they only allow residents to transfer in.....(i could be mistaken though)

got rejection email from calgary gen surg today.

still haven't heard anything from U of T or Sask

Just because I'm anally retentive, please copy, paste, add. This will help us all and the future classes who can get a sense of how the 2nd round works.

Invites:

FM:

Dalhousie: 3/15

IM:

Sask: 3/19

NOSM: 3/19

Ortho:

Regrets: