Premed 101 Forums

Registering for classes

I don't know how to sign into Medix either! I tried to make an account/activate one today but instead got sucked into an internet labyrinth... hopefully we receive some information telling us what to do in the near future.

in order to login to medix you need your dal net ID and password, this is different from your B00 number. if you have a dal email you use that username and password to login. If you are not yet a dal student I am not sure if you have been assigned a net ID yet.

Try this site:

https://password.dal.ca/netid/

You can enter your B00 number and it will give you your net ID if one has been assigned.

I'm a current Dal student and trying to sign in using my undergrad NetID gives me the prompt "Log in Error. The NetID you entered was not found in the DalMedix database."

I think we can register starting march 21 (I think i remember getting an email a couple of weeks ago indicating this)

I checked out Important Dates

http://www.dal.ca/academics/important_dates.html

...only for returning medical students on March 21st. Damn I was excited!

Also novascotia2010 that makes sense, I'm in the faculty of science. Are you able to see anything for med yet?

i was told this morning that students should receive a confirmation of payment email from the med office about a week after the payment deadline, march 26th. they are aiming to distribute this years dont panic guide by the end of april. registration for classes should take place at the beginning of july, although our classes are all picked for us already.

Thanks for the info! I assume in July then is when we'll be able to sign into Medix. I'm away for a lot of the summer and I'm wondering if anyone knows what shots we need to get besides the childhood immunizations. I'd like to get started on those so I'm not scrambling in the summer. (although I'm pretty sure the TB test is done during o-week?)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an email saying they DIDN'T receive mine??? I paid the day of the acceptance letter. I had a student accounts email confirming my payment. It was showing up on my dalonline account for the longest time and now it's not I double checked ... I did indeed choose the Doctor of Medicine box?

I wouldn't worry about it too much, although I'm sure that's easier said than done. Sometimes mistakes are made when things are automated. As long as you have the acceptance letter along with the confirmation of payment email from Student Accounts, plus maybe a bank statement proving payment, then it will be fine. I would call the office in the morning and clear things up. At least hearing something from them means the wheels are turning on their end.

I just got an email saying they DIDN'T receive mine??? I paid the day of the acceptance letter. I had a student accounts email confirming my payment. It was showing up on my dalonline account for the longest time and now it's not I double checked ... I did indeed choose the Doctor of Medicine box?

Don't worry about it - happened to me last year. Tell them the above, forward them the receipt, and they will sort it out.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, although I'm sure that's easier said than done. Sometimes mistakes are made when things are automated. As long as you have the acceptance letter along with the confirmation of payment email from Student Accounts, plus maybe a bank statement proving payment, then it will be fine. I would call the office in the morning and clear things up. At least hearing something from them means the wheels are turning on their end.

Don't worry about it - happened to me last year. Tell them the above, forward them the receipt, and they will sort it out.

Okay, thanks guys. I have all of that info ready for tomorrow. A heart attack was had with that email but I'll call tomorrow. I was dying to hear from them, guess I got my wish ;)

I was surprised... they sent it at 3:55 pm when they and student accounts close at 4 pm. Further, the email states I have until 4pm tomorrow before my seat goes to the waitlist. I'm grateful I wasn't away and had e-mail access in this 24 hour window.

I received the same email today indicating that I had not payed my deposit even though I had in fact payed it on the day I received my acceptance. I emailed them to let them know and forwarded the email I had received confirming my payment last month.

I was also put off by the tone of the email giving my 24 hours to make my payment. We had not heard anything from them in a month and I was disappointed that the first contact I had with them was a month after the offer and was on this subject. These mix ups could be averted if they had communicated with us over the past month.

Has anyone heard anything from Admissions on the topic of confirming their payment of the deposit, other than the above two post about not receiving the deposit? Maybe they are waiting until they have the class list finalized.

Edit: Scratch the above - just received an email now. Certainly nice to have some further contact from them!

TB testing is 'scheduled' into O-week, so it's not a big deal if you don't have it done beforehand.

Although I think if you get a two step beforehand, you only need a one step during O-week. I wouldn't go out of my way to get the TB testing alone done beforehand, but if you have to go in for other vaccines/serology anyway, may as well.

Archived