Premed 101 Forums

CDA- based interview format

Hey,

I have a question about the CDA-based interviews. How is the format exactly? For instance, are we given any time to think about the situation for a minute then provide the answer, or we are expected to give an answer right away? Some of the situations could be hard to answer, or an example might not come to mind right away, has anyone gotten stuck like that?

Hey,

I have a question about the CDA-based interviews. How is the format exactly? For instance, are we given any time to think about the situation for a minute then provide the answer, or we are expected to give an answer right away? Some of the situations could be hard to answer, or an example might not come to mind right away, has anyone gotten stuck like that?

You answer it however you please; the point is to reveal your thoughts, feelings, actions and results in a particular situation, whether its given to you or it's one from your past and you have to describe it. Show the competencies, and you're good.

If you need to take time to think about it, go ahead; I'd say a minute is a little too long though. 10-30 seconds is what I went for.

just take 10 seconds and think about it, if nothign comes to mind then say sorry I cant think of a time, could you give me a bit longer sorry. AND if that doesnt work. just say could we come back to that one?

i hear sometimes they will change the question if they come back to it

Archived