Premed 101 Forums

Interim Statistics

Can anyone explain to me what is meant by interim statistics? (you'll have to excuse me, I'm a first timer:rolleyes: )

In response to a question on the blog about interim stats being released, Dr. Walker said "We are still hoping to have applicants scores available for them by April 1st, and the cumulative stats will be available sometime after that."

What are the applicant scores- like preinterview scores? Would there be a break down for each category (eg. 15/20 for GPA)?

What would cumulative stats be then?

Also, once the cumulative stats are released, will we have enough data to determine if we are in the top 170 spots?

Not likely because even if you had the top GPA and MCAT, 60% of the pre-interview score (so 30% overall) is due to our characteristics (leadership, advocacy, etc) and 50% overall to the MMi and we won't know how we did on those till they release the personal scores which you get only after you are rejected or once classes start if you are accepted.

Not likely because even if you had the top GPA and MCAT, 60% of the pre-interview score (so 30% overall) is due to our characteristics (leadership, advocacy, etc) and 50% overall to the MMi and we won't know how we did on those till they release the personal scores which you get only after you are rejected or once classes start if you are accepted.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I made some bad assumptions...

I thought that we were soon getting personal data, and that shortly thereafter we would get data on everyone that applied.

I think that you are suggesting (correctly, i'm sure) that we will soon get data on everyone that applied. And then shortly thereafter on everyone that was accepted. And eventually we will get personal scores.

I think that you are suggesting (correctly, i'm sure) that we will soon get data on everyone that applied. And then shortly thereafter on everyone that was accepted. And eventually we will get personal scores.

So wait, what type of data are we getting as the interim stats? Like mean VR, mean GPA, mean age of applicants, years applied etc?

Does anyone know exactly what the interim statistics mean??

U of C posts the compiled pre-MMI data (averages etc). Unless you were rejected , you will not see your individual scores. These stats can give you an idea of the strength of the applicant pool in the areas that the scores are posted for. Based on the weighting of the various components of your file, this data is not sufficient to let you know if you are going to be accepted.

Look at the pre-MMI statistics from last cycle for an example if you are confused. http://www.ucalgary.ca/mdprogram/node/468.

So wait, what type of data are we getting as the interim stats? Like mean VR, mean GPA, mean age of applicants, years applied etc?

Does anyone know exactly what the interim statistics mean??

Interim statistics = pre-MMI statistics.

I assume they will post VR, wGPA, and activities average scores. Look what they posted last year to get an idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived