Premed 101 Forums

is this kind of research useless?!

Hey!

I am a Psychology major, and I am asisting in research in psychology. Basically, I am not the researcher but I am helping with the research process: getting data from participants and recording data. Also, I'm not being paid to do this I'm volunteering.

Since it is not my own study and I am just assisting, does this add any value to my application?:confused:

Thanks! :cool:

Hey!

I am a Psychology major, and I am asisting in research in psychology. Basically, I am not the researcher but I am helping with the research process: getting data from participants and recording data. Also, I'm not being paid to do this I'm volunteering.

Since it is not my own study and I am just assisting, does this add any value to my application?:confused:

Thanks! :cool:

Even when you get paid for research, you sometimes end up collecting data for post docs or grad students...(That's what I did during the summer research job and the group needed someone like me to collect data and organized it.)

Especially for a psychology research, I think they "need" you for their research.. You are just taking different parts but still participating in it, so I think you can say "Participated in ~~~ research" in your application.

Archived