Premed 101 Forums

U of T courses for pre-med

John Vu

Hi I go to U of T and I'm not sure what ALL the U of T equivalent courses are for Ontario med schools. Please note, I am not in a life science program so I can only make room for the exact prerequisites. Also if possible can you tell me which courses have a lab component to them. Thanks in advance.

Basically all the first year Life Sci pre-reqs will have you covered. BIO150, CHM138/139 + 217/247, PHY131/132, MAT135. They all have lab (except MAT obv)

It's BIO120 + BIO130 now ;).

And, I believe MAT135 is also being split. Apparently only the first half will be required for most programs but med schools that usually have calc as a requirement require 1 FCE.

It's BIO120 + BIO130 now ;).

And, I believe MAT135 is also being split. Apparently only the first half will be required for most programs but med schools that usually have calc as a requirement require 1 FCE.

Has been done. Now it's MAT135H1 - Calculus 1(A) and MAT136H1 - Calculus 1(B).

I hate to advertise in here, but if you get the chance, I'd suggest taking MAT137 over 135/136.

The course coordinator changed from before and the course is much easier now. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's considerably easier than 135/136 as I've got a 99ish (including 4.4% worth of bonus marks).

The current course website is: http://www.math.toronto.edu/lshorser/MAT137/ and I believe it has our tests on there. (Our last test was so simple, the last question even asked us to find intervals of increase/decrease and concave up/down!)

Archived