Premed 101 Forums

Admission Response Deadline?

In looking over U of A's UME site, I was not able to find information regarding the timeframe for response of an offer of admission.

I found this using the search function but it requires a username/password to actually view the document. :confused:

http://ume.med.ualberta.ca/Shared/Pages/SearchResults.aspx?k=deposit

EDIT: http://ume.med.ualberta.ca/ProspectiveLearners/MDAdmissions/Selection/Pages/default.aspx

This worked? I suppose the worst case scenario would be to accept the offer and to sacrifice the $1000 deposit if need be. OUCH!

I'll email the adcom, but I figured I would try the friendly boards before I did :cool:.

I read somewhere that the Canadian medical schools agreed to release their offers of admission by May 15th (they can offer sooner), and that they cannot require responses before May 31st.

I guess this means that people who have already received offers of admission could sit on them until the 31st of May.

Some schools require a response within less than a week! Each school is different, so go ahead and email admissions to all the ones you applied to just to be safe!

It means you can't bail on your last year of undergrad - so if you're applying as a third year student, your overall GPA has to remain over 3.7. Same thing for 4th year/degree applicants, your cumulative GPA has to remain over 3.3 including your most recent marks.

It doesn't mean that if you applied with a 4.0 that you need to get a 4.0 that last semester, if that's what your asking.

It means you can't bail on your last year of undergrad - so if you're applying as a third year student, your overall GPA has to remain over 3.7. Same thing for 4th year/degree applicants, your cumulative GPA has to remain over 3.3 including your most recent marks.

It doesn't mean that if you applied with a 4.0 that you need to get a 4.0 that last semester, if that's what your asking.

Hey cardio! Do you know if they take the Fall semester grades into account for re-calculating cGPA for 4th year applicants or we just have to get 3.3 or higher?

Archived