Premed 101 Forums

Being Honest

So I'm just going to come out and admit it - I am genuinely scared and excited about May 15.

I only had one interview this year... McMaster. And everyone I met on that day seemed like the most amazing people - both the applicants and the hosts - and I sincerely want everybody I met last weekend to get in because you are all so super duper.

But I'm going to be completely honest, after visiting the campus and seeing how amazing all the staff and students are, I've actually come to realize the extent to which I actually want it.

Does anyone else feel this way? Like you want it so bad that they can feel it in the depths of your stomach and yet simultaneously feel scared because you really have NO IDEA whether you are in or... out?

Trust me, I know exactly what you mean!!! But in my case, I have 3.5 weeks of clinical left along with a board exam to write on May 15, so I can't allow myself to get stressed.

Think about it this way, what you are feeling is what proves you are a genuine human being. We should feel this way always because it will keep us humble and grounded whether we are a clerk, resident, staff, or chief. Everyone we approach patients, we should feel this sense of excitement and healthy fear to remind us of the grave responsibility we have been endowed.

All the best! Hang in there ;)

So I'm just going to come out and admit it - I am genuinely scared and excited about May 15.

I only had one interview this year... McMaster. And everyone I met on that day seemed like the most amazing people - both the applicants and the hosts - and I sincerely want everybody I met last weekend to get in because you are all so super duper.

But I'm going to be completely honest, after visiting the campus and seeing how amazing all the staff and students are, I've actually come to realize the extent to which I actually want it.

Does anyone else feel this way? Like you want it so bad that they can feel it in the depths of your stomach and yet simultaneously feel scared because you really have NO IDEA whether you are in or... out?

I am happy that someone else feels the same way as me.

This was my only interview and I want this SO bad.

The school, the people, the program, all seem AMAZING.

At the pit of my stomach, I am dreading a rejection and I've already started looking at applying for a job...

ahh i hate how this was the only interview for so many...this means less wait list movement :( :( :(

Thanks for that thought; definitely made me feel better.

Haha I'm just being mean. But in all reality, can't say the reduction in WL movement is making me feel any better gahhhhh

Archived