Premed 101 Forums

transfer applicants

Hey guys,

So I am thinking for my final year (i should say additional year, 4th year) that I want to go back to my original Uni (after being away from it since 2005). How does a student get admission as a transfer applicant? and is there a general cgpa they are looking for in transfer applicants? (that seems consistent across uni's)

Do your best to suck it up and finish out your final year unless there is some emmergent reason causing you to transfer. Schools will only transfer 60 credits- this is a best case scenario. If you transfer, you will unnecessarily prolong your UG education. I think you will find it to be costly in many ways.

RE: gpa- check out your school's website. It will be there. In general though, the transfer gpa is fairly low... I think 2- something. You will have to show highschool transcripts, university transcripts. It's a fairly time consuming process. Like I said, if there is any way you can just push through your last year at your current school, I would strongly recommend that.

Archived