Premed 101 Forums

Conditions of acceptance?

Hey guys,

If accepted, does anyone know if there are any conditions? Say, maintaining a certain GPA? Let's just say the senior slump has hit me pretty hard...

Also so I don't have to spam the other boards, if anyone has insights on Queen's and Western as well that would be super!

As far as I know Mac has no conditions, aside from finishing the year. If you are in the 'conditional' category at UWO (ie only one year complete with a 3.7 GPA) then you obviously need to maintain that GPA. If not, I believe its the same, finish your degree. Not sure about Queens

Hey guys,

If accepted, does anyone know if there are any conditions? Say, maintaining a certain GPA? Let's just say the senior slump has hit me pretty hard...

Also so I don't have to spam the other boards, if anyone has insights on Queen's and Western as well that would be super!

Heartbeat

No criminal record

$22k

3.0 GPA?

just to be safe i'm aiming for a gpa atleast equivalent to my current standing cgpa. no point giving up yet, it would look pretty bad if you end up needing to try again next year

Oh I'm well aware I'm up the creek if I need to apply again next year. Just due to certain conditions, my marks this year will be SIGNIFICANTLY lower than in past years, so I'm really hoping it's not one of those things where you can't drop below a certain GPA. Thanks!

...*gulp*

As long as it's not too high. I don't see the logic/fairness in them having a minimum GPA that you need to maintain that's higher than the one needed to get in...

Some schools require that you maintain your "past academic performance." I think this is reasonable - they accepted someone who performs at a certain level, so they should be able to reasonably expect that you'd continue to perform at such a level.

Other schools don't do this though. Best to call.

Some schools require that you maintain your "past academic performance." I think this is reasonable - they accepted someone who performs at a certain level, so they should be able to reasonably expect that you'd continue to perform at such a level.

Other schools don't do this though. Best to call.

Please don't quote me on this - and call them - but I think you probably have to keep your GPA > 3.0 since that's listed as one of their minimum academic criteria that must be met to enroll there...

Please don't quote me on this - and call them - but I think you probably have to keep your GPA > 3.0 since that's listed as one of their minimum academic criteria that must be met to enroll there...

So I found this on their website... apparently you CAN'T take a risk that you might get into Mac and decide to not show up to your Finals... no joke; I know of people who have tried to do this.

By May 2013, applicants must have completed a minimum of three years of undergraduate degree level work (30 half year credits or 15 full year credits or a combination). There is no requirement that applicants carry a full course load. Those applying in the third year of their undergraduate education (prior to completion of 30 half-year credits) are given offers conditional upon completion of the minimum number of credits and are required to submit their final undergraduate transcript with course codes and grades to McMaster by June 30, 2013 as evidence that this requirement has been met;

By October 3, 2012 applicants must have achieved an overall OMSAS converted average of 3.00 on the 4.00 point scale. Those applying in the third year of their undergraduate education are given offers conditional upon maintaining an average in their third year of at least 3.00 and are required to submit their final undergraduate transcript with course codes and grades to McMaster by June 30, 2013 as evidence that this requirement has been met;

i suppose i'm too lazy to do a search... i did look at their website and it said "you must report all marks to omsas". does that mean the gpa they calculate is all UG marks? (sept-apr + summer, too?). many thanks.

Yes, they use all of your UG grades.

Archived