Premed 101 Forums

A Sticky Situation - transferred programs during undergrad

Guest ADOMNIAPARATUS

Guest ADOMNIAPARATUS

Due to some academic and personal problems last year, I had to transfer out of my old program (health sciences) and was admitted to another (psychology) with a "cleared average" - meaning my cGPA's from previous semesters/years will not be counted towards my Psychology degree. The courses I had a mark of C and above from my old program will be transferred as credits only, while the ones less than a C will not be transferred.

Since you're required to send in your entire transcript when you apply, I would like to know if the admissions committee will see my cGPA the same way as my school does (i.e. starting from when I begin my Psych studies), or will they dismiss that "cleared average" factor and include ALL my marks from before? Based on my marks since entering Psychology I have a 3.6 cGPA, but it'll be much lower if everything from before is being counted.

This question isn't just limited to applying for med. It would be great if anyone knows how post-grad programs in general (e.g: physiotherapy, occupational, dentistry, etc) look at situations like this, thanks!!

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118447220</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>A Sticky Situation - transferred programs during undergrad</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<dateline>1118447220</dateline>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Archived