Premed 101 Forums

Chances if Interviewed at both UofA and Uofc

Did you/someone you know interview at both schools and get in either?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you/someone you know interview at both schools and get in either?

• Yes
    • No

I interviewed at both schools a few months ago, but I'm not very optimistic about my chances cause I'm only in my 3rd year of undergrad.

Also, I knew a guy last year who seemed like a great candidate, 4.0 and everything, got the double interview, and got a double rejection. Of course, it's possible interviews just weren't his strong point. He was also a 3rd year :rolleyes:

Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 people I know who got the double interview within the last 3 years. 3 got in to both, 1 got into just UofC and 1 didn't get into either. But the one who didn't get in was a third year.

Also, keep in my these observational stats are obviously skewed...of course I would be more aware of someone I know who got into medical school than someone who interviewed and was rejected.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 people I know who got the double interview within the last 3 years. 3 got in to both, 1 got into just UofC and 1 didn't get into either. But the one who didn't get in was a third year.

Also, keep in my these observational stats are obviously skewed...of course I would be more aware of someone I know who got into medical school than someone who interviewed and was rejected.

It's the stories like this that make me more and more pessimistic, wahahaha! Oh well, it's good to get some MMI experience under the belt anyways :)

Im not a stats whiz, but from what I remember from my intro stats is: the more choices you have the less likely you will get any! Going back to the question, interviewing at one school is better than two. I recommend you do the following from now until May 15h: Build a time machine. Go back in time. Reject one of the interviewe offers.

On a serious note, since I was a sorta keener, I looked into the stats: ~ 350 acceptances /~1130 interviewed (numbers are ball park from what I remember). I remember reading somewhere the acceptance rate was ~33%.

Archived