Premed 101 Forums

Regarding Financial Documentations to get the I-20 forms from school

For you guys who have gone through the F-1 visa application process and have used loans from Canadian banks, since the funding are provided in CAD$, is it ok to just give the docs to the school in CAD$? Or should I somehow convert those figures to US$? If so, how exactly?

Thanks!

For you guys who have gone through the F-1 visa application process and have used loans from Canadian banks, since the funding are provided in CAD$, is it ok to just give the docs to the school in CAD$? Or should I somehow convert those figures to US$? If so, how exactly?

Thanks!

Talking from experience you don't need to convert it! Although I applied to UK universities -US might be different

if that doesn't help -free bump :D

You'll have to check with your school about this, as to what their requirement is for the I20. If they can accept the funds in the home currency of international students (as long as it's equivalent to the specified USD amount), then you can just submit the documents as they are.

But if it is a school that wants the funds to be specifically in USD, then I guess you'll have to either get those funds converted into US dollars (which becomes hard if you get loans that are to be released in parts every year), or you/bank could just attach a note specifying the amount in USD, as of that date. It all depends on what the school requires.

Archived