Premed 101 Forums

Where should I apply?

Hey Everyone,

So I have just recently started looking into American schools, and I honestly have no idea where I should apply with my stats. On a 4.3 scale, my cGPA is a 3.69 but my best three years brings it higher. On a 4.0 scale it winds up closer to 3.6. I wrote the MCAT one time and got a 31Q (9 in BS, 11 in PS and VR). I applied in Canada three times and have had no success, so I applied to Saba in the Caribbean, but I just what to know what other options, if any, I have available. I have looked around the forums, but I'm just not sure which schools I should look at in the US with my stats. I find the school websites are not overly helpful, since it's hard to tell what they accept for Canadians. Any feedback you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

What are your extracurriculars like? Hard to tell without knowing the complete details.

Assuming "average" extracurricular You might have a shot at low tiers like Wayne, CMS, Jefferson just to name a few. Buy a copy of MSAR, it tells you the average stats of the entering class and how many "internationals" they accept. But off the top of my head the ones I have named were the most Canadian friendly from previous years.

Also, your chances increases greatly if you rewrite and get higher (33+)

Good luck

Archived