Premed 101 Forums

So...If I don't get in this year..

Judging by my GPA from exams (which went horribly wrong), if I don't get in this year I'm F**ked next year. Anyone else having this feeling?

I definitely know people who went from a 3.9 after three years, got rejected and then didnt recive an interview because they gpa dropped a lot in their final year. Kill casper?

Also, if you don't get in this year, when you apply again you'll have the previous experience from already having gone through it all that you didn't have the first go-around. I imagine that could be really helpful for Casper and interviews. Of course, maybe you'll just get in and this will all be moot!

Is your GPA actually screwed up or do you just think that because you are anxious? I was convinced I failed a course (by failing the final), but ended up with an 85 in it. I was calculating worst case scenarios and hoping that I had not screwed up a possible acceptance. That is what anxiety can do to your perceptions.

Otherwise, you are not screwed if you've been maintaining a 3.9 all along, unless your bad year is like a really bad year (like 2 something GPA), in which case you might have to start worrying about possible acceptances being rescinded.

Archived