Premed 101 Forums

Question about summer courses

I was wondering if summer courses count for physio schools?

Ive searched through the threads and found that they do, but that was an answer back in 2009 so I don't know if it is relevant anymore

Also I plan to take english in my second year (stupid western) and I think my marks for that would be like a C+ or B, it wouldn't count towards my GPA right since it's still 2nd year?

Thanks everyone in advance

I was wondering if summer courses count for physio schools?

Ive searched through the threads and found that they do, but that was an answer back in 2009 so I don't know if it is relevant anymore

Also I plan to take english in my second year (stupid western) and I think my marks for that would be like a C+ or B, it wouldn't count towards my GPA right since it's still 2nd year?

Thanks everyone in advance

summer courses count in your sub-GPA for application, as long as it is in your most recent 20 courses when applying

taking a course in 2nd year, will still count for your sub-GPA if you are applying during your 4th year..because if you think about, when you count back 20 courses, 2nd year is still part of your most recent 20 courses as you have only completed half of 4th year when you apply.

Assuming you are on full course load..

4th Year Fall term - 5 courses

3rd Year Winter term - 5 courses

3rd Year Fall term - 5 courses

you will still have to dip into second year for 5 courses worth of marks, and the way they do it is that they average your full second year and weight it as 5 courses..

now, if you take 5 courses worth of summer school, you can cancel your 2nd year out

Can summer courses be used to reduce courseload for physiotherapy schools? ie, instead of 5 courses in the winter semester, I took 1 during the summer, so my 4th year school courseload would be 5 in the fall and 4 in the winter. Do the physiotherapy schools require that I have 6 in the fall in order to take 4 in the winter?

No, the physiotherapy schools do not care how many courses you take per semester. Basically they go back from the fall semester of your application year and count back 20 credits, be that 6 courses or 4 courses in a semester, or 3 courses in the summer, all they want is a GPA based on the last 20.

Archived