Premed 101 Forums

Global Health at McMaster?

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has heard back from the Masters of Sc global health program at McMaster yet =S?

i was hoping to do the one year masters program then think about applying to med school since it's a MSc.

Or does anyone know when we are supposed to start hearing back?

Thanks.

Based on hearsay, I think admissions are sent out close to the time of med admissions (i.e May 15th).

They understand that many people keep the global health degree as a back up for med admissions, so they fear having too many people back out if they send admissions out early.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got an acceptance June 12th and had to respond by June 22nd. Pretty quick turn around and even though I made other plans, I decided to accept on this one. They'll probably be sending out another round of acceptances really soon if they haven't already.

I read the requirements from the program on their site and I just wanted to know what they meant by the first one:

An Honours bachelor’s degree with at least a B+ from an accredited university (equivalent to a McMaster 9 GPA out of 12) in the final full year in all courses in the discipline, or relating to the discipline, in which the applicant proposes to do graduate work

Could anyone clear that up?

Archived