Premed 101 Forums

Prep101 vs Princeton Review course

BlessedSoul

Hello everyone, I am currently struggling whether to take the prep101 course or the PrincetonReview course to prepare for the MCAT. Can someone please tell me the pros and cons of each? And which one is better to get a higher score?

P.S. Do both come with Examcracker books? Thank-you.

I don't know much about prep101, but it doesn't seem to be one of the courses often recommended on this forum. Do a search and look through the threads started in the past couple weeks and you will find a bunch of descriptions on TPR/comparing prep courses. Princeton courses have their own textbooks.

I don't know much about prep101, but it doesn't seem to be one of the courses often recommended on this forum. Do a search and look through the threads started in the past couple weeks and you will find a bunch of descriptions on TPR/comparing prep courses. Princeton courses have their own textbooks.

Prep101 has a way better website than its competitors and so far I haven't found a single bad review yet. And the students teaching prep101 got the job through competitive applications, however TPR seams to be more recognized but alot more expensive. But, the best part of prep101 seams to be the online lectures (but as I said the real lectures conflict with my research shcedule)...so I am starting to lean towards TPR.

Hello everyone, I am currently struggling whether to take the prep101 course or the PrincetonReview course to prepare for the MCAT. Can someone please tell me the pros and cons of each? And which one is better to get a higher score?

I took Prep 101, and I thought they were decent.

No, only Prep 101 comes with ExamKrackers books (they come with the books + 1001 Practice problems workbooks, as well as their own course notes. I actually really liked the course notes, because they supplemented EK really well, they filled in the gaps where EK might be a little bit bare). Prep 101 does not have their own practice MCAT tests like Kaplan and TPR does, but honestly I don't think you need to do so many (if you've been doing practice problems along the way). IMO, I think its better to focus on the AAMC tests.

Prep 101 also has lectures offered twice a week which I found helpful. If something came up, and I couldn't make it to one, I could always just go to the other one. They have video lectures , but I think the other prep companies do as well. Teachers are a hit or miss. Most were good, I only had one that was so-so. They also take your feedback seriously (if you say you don't like Teacher X for Chemistry, but he/she does a great job for Bio, then they'll likely reschedule that teacher to do more bio than chem).

If you have more questions, feel free to ask :)

• 2 months later...

Hi! I am not very familiar with the Prinston Review course, but I did just finish taking the Prep 101 course this summer, and it was excellent. When I was trying to decide between courses I originally chose Prep101 because it has a flexible schedule (so I could go to weekend or weekday classes depending on my work schedule!). The instuctors were really energetic and knew their stuff and most of them are med students! I would for sure recommend it.

Also, yes Prep 101 has Examkracker books and their own books too (which I think are actually better), not sure about Princeton.

Archived