Premed 101 Forums

Considering US and Canada

Hello,

Never been to this part of the forum before :)

I've read few threads and there are SO MANY schools in the US.

I would like to know what schools should I apply to so that I can land an interview.

My cGPA is 3.79, OMSAS cGPA 3.75.

ECs: NSERCx2, Bio Prize UofT, TAed for 4 courses x 3 years, Founded an incorporated business, UofT soccer x 4 years, shadowing/interning a neurologist 500+ hours and still counting, worked in physics, neuro, bio, psych labs (total of 3 years). Crap loads of others.

MCAT: Haven't written it yet but will be in Aug 3rd. Trying to find a seat in June but nothing yet. AAMC tests have been averaging in 12PS/9VR/12BS

I'll be applying to McMaster, Queens and UofT.

I figured I'll also apply to states to increase my odds as I'm not getting younger (I'm 23). Would you please suggest some OOS friendly schools in the states? I'm not sure if I can get into a good school (ivy or relatively high prestige) but would sure like to try if I have a shot.

Thanks in advance ;)

EDIT: Just realized US needs 1 English credit which I don't have. So I narrowed down to the following schools who don't need an English credit. Could anyone verify and comment on the list in terms of Canadian friendliness.

Case Western

Vermont

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Darmouth

Virginia

Feinberg

EUMS

Albany

Rosalind Franklin

btw. you don't need to have completed your english requirements at the time of application. AS long as you have them by the time you start med school you're okay. That gives you a whole year to take care of it :)

I would double check on EVMS, Albany, Vermont, and Wake on their policies.

btw. you don't need to have completed your english requirements at the time of application. AS long as you have them by the time you start med school you're okay. That gives you a whole year to take care of it :)

I would double check on EVMS, Albany, Vermont, and Wake on their policies.

So back to school I go? Can you suggest a good list of school to apply? like a good list of 10? (assuming i'll have 1credit of ENG by the end of winter 2013)

Much appreciate on your reply. I thought this part of the forum was dead.

• 4 weeks later...

Accepted numbers can be found on US News. Although you do need a subscription.

Applying to only schools that don't need English really limits you and many of the schools on your list don't really accept Canadians.

Vermont, Wake Forest, EUMS (EVMS?) and Albany all have 0 matriculated international I'm almost certain.

I would take English during the year and apply to the standard schools that accept a bunch of Canadians per year in your GPA/MCAT range such as (SLU, GW, GT, WSU, UK, BU, SUNY Upstate, Dartmouth, UVa)

Accepted numbers can be found on US News. Although you do need a subscription.

Applying to only schools that don't need English really limits you and many of the schools on your list don't really accept Canadians.

Vermont, Wake Forest, EUMS (EVMS?) and Albany all have 0 matriculated international I'm almost certain.

I would take English during the year and apply to the standard schools that accept a bunch of Canadians per year in your GPA/MCAT range such as (SLU, GW, GT, WSU, UK, BU, SUNY Upstate, Dartmouth, UVa)

regarding u.s. news

is it the online version that has all the acceptance info for internationals??

regarding u.s. news

is it the online version that has all the acceptance info for internationals??

Yes.

I think mine is still active so if anyone has any requests I'll pull a few for you guys :) It is a good resource to have along with MSAR

They give #Applied, #interviewed, #accepted and #matriculated. Broken down into Total, out of state, international, female etc.

Archived