Premed 101 Forums

Little confused on general elective prerequisites

So I originally planned to do all my prerequisite this summer however today I found out one of my general elective profs a **** and likes to give BS quizes and tests so now I'm planning on dropping it. I know most if not all the ontario physiotherapy schools require you to have a full credit course ( 1.0 at guelph or 6.0 at york) or 2 half courses in a social science or humanities course.

I completed a general elective during my fall 2011 term, so I was missing only 1. However I still needed to take a psychology course as a prerequisite for queens and an English for western. I also enrolled in a general elective for the summer but now I'm planning on dropping it or replacing it with another course. Since the psychology course is a 6 credit which I assume is a full credit course at other universities, and my english is a half credit course and I already have another half credit general elective course, would that mean I no longer need to take an addition general elective course to satisfy that requirement?

So for queens, they would use my English and my previous general elective for satisfying that requirement while my psychology course would only be used once to satisfy the psychology prerequisite requirement and not used for my general elective requirement while western would use my 6 credit psychology or my general elective to satisfy the full credit general elective requirement while my English course would only be used to satisfy the english prequisite and not used for my general elective requirement? For universit of toronto, it doesn't matter.

Did I calculate this right or do I still need to take 1 more half credit general elective course?

List of courses I have completed or currently taking:

Introduction Psychology 6 credit @ york( equal to 1 credit?)

Introductory Composition 0.5 credit

Money, markets and democracy (completed) 0.5 credit

Archived