Premed 101 Forums

School list to Apply US medical schools?

Found List of US Schools Accepting Canadians in the forum, but is there a list of Canadian schools can apply (or don't have disadvantage to apply) US medical schools?

Have a few offers in Canadian Uni for undergrad. Screened a little bit, but still couldn't decide which one I should go. My plan B, if I couldn't get admission to any Canadian medical schools, is go to US one.

Here is a narrowed down list:

McGill: Biological, Biomedical and Life Science

Queen: Science (life science)

UWO - biological & medical sciences

UWindsor - biochemistry

Windsor is my home town, and UWindsor offers good scholarships. UWO is close to home. McGill and Queen's may have better prestige.

Can anyone advise which program would give me better chance for future medical school application?

Do US medical schools have a list Canadian schools that have better chance than other Canadian ones?

You should focus your efforts on Plan A and don't get too ahead of yourself. Nonetheless, some schools MAY be name brand in the US, but don't really count on it except of course for U of T. McGill is also well known, especially with the number of US students that go there for U/G, but don't base your decision specifically on a long term down the road Plan B option due to reputation. Go wherever you are going to learn the best, gain enough knowledge to master the MCAT and have a balanced and exciting life outside the classroom.

Archived