Premed 101 Forums

Is it normal to find TPR's practice problems very difficult?

summergirl

Hi, I studied organic chem from TPR and Kaplan and found TPR much much harder than Kaplan. I would get 20-40% wrong on TPR passages from the science workbook! But for Kaplan I got ONE wrong out of the five chapters of review questions that I did, and I stopped doing them because I find them so easy. The same thing goes for physics. I would get 20-50% wrong on TPR, and got almost perfect on NOVA's physics practice problems...

The problem I found with TPR is that they would try to teach me some new concepts in the questions. For example, I would get a lot of questions wrong and I look to the solutions and I realized that there is a piece of information that I was not aware of...

Does anyone else feel this way?? And do you think TPR's questions are more representative of the actual MCAT?

Hi, I studied organic chem from TPR and Kaplan and found TPR much much harder than Kaplan. I would get 20-40% wrong on TPR passages from the science workbook! But for Kaplan I got ONE wrong out of the five chapters of review questions that I did, and I stopped doing them because I find them so easy. The same thing goes for physics. I would get 20-50% wrong on TPR, and got almost perfect on NOVA's physics practice problems...

The problem I found with TPR is that they would try to teach me some new concepts in the questions. For example, I would get a lot of questions wrong and I look to the solutions and I realized that there is a piece of information that I was not aware of...

Does anyone else feel this way?? And do you think TPR's questions are more representative of the actual MCAT?

Add-on to the above, I have found 8 mcq following lecture in EK books were harder den 30 mins passage based questions/3-4 passages for every lecture which are to be found at the end of the biology etc section?

However for the lecture's I know, I only get 1 question incorrect for a given passage in 30 min in class thingy.

What is the relative difficulty level of those questions in the EK "lecture" books not 1001 questions series?

Archived