Premed 101 Forums

Wondering How I'm Doing

in2bat0r

Hey guys,

I started a prep course at the start of May and I have done two practice MCAT's now, the first I scored PS-8, VR-9, BS-11 (28), and the most recent I scored PS-9, VR-9, BS-11 (29). I'm not really impressed with my progress, although it's been < 2 weeks since my first practice test. I put a lot of effort into verbal, and it hasn't really shown... The course hasn't covered several subjects yet, and they are the ones I'm struggling with. I write in July, realistically how much does one improve? Is it going to be a struggle to go up every single point?

Thanks for the insight

Hey guys,

I started a prep course at the start of May and I have done two practice MCAT's now, the first I scored PS-8, VR-9, BS-11 (28), and the most recent I scored PS-9, VR-9, BS-11 (29). I'm not really impressed with my progress, although it's been < 2 weeks since my first practice test. I put a lot of effort into verbal, and it hasn't really shown... The course hasn't covered several subjects yet, and they are the ones I'm struggling with. I write in July, realistically how much does one improve? Is it going to be a struggle to go up every single point?

Thanks for the insight

That's quite amazing that your scoring close to 30 with just 2 weeks of studying. I don't know if your trolling or not, but there are people who spent their entire summer and get less than what your getting right now.

I don't think it's realistic to gauge your improvement in just 2 weeks time. Give it a bit more time. And scoring close to 30 in just 2 weeks is very impressive. Verbal is always elusive, so I can't comment to much on that; but the other sections should see drastic improvements with practice. Gl!

Archived