Premed 101 Forums

Closest American Center to Toronto?

Hey guys,

One of my friends couldn't find a seat (registering too late) - and he said he doesn't mind driving down to Buffalo or New York. Does anyone have any recommendations for an American MCAT center in those locations?

I told him to maybe wait it out, but he wants to be sure of at least a location in August.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

One of my friends couldn't find a seat (registering too late) - and he said he doesn't mind driving down to Buffalo or New York. Does anyone have any recommendations for an American MCAT center in those locations?

I told him to maybe wait it out, but he wants to be sure of at least a location in August.

Thanks!

I was told by a bud, that seats open up 2 weeks prior the date.

I live right across the border from Buffalo. There are two locations close by. Both are about 30 minutes across the border. One is at UB- it's the Amherst Campus. The other is at the Snyder Place Shopping Centre. I'm writing there because I couldn't find the building on the UB campus on MapQuest. Both test centres look to be equal distance from the border. I figured the mall would be less hassle.

I would recommend your friend drive in the night before and stay in a hotel. Buffalo is kind of sketchy or at least it has some really sketchy areas, so research the hotel and the area well.

If your friend has Nexus and wants to stay in Canada overnight and drive over in the morning, stay at the Clarion Hotel in Fort Erie. It's on Garrison Road- sometimes referred to as the #3 Highway. It's about three minutes from the Peace Bridge at that location. It's a quiet hotel and Fort Erie is a small town.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'd be happy to help.

Archived