Premed 101 Forums

Buses?

Do Macmeds get U passes?

If you are living near the Go train station/ St Joes, which buses would you take to get to campus/ how long would it take to get there?

If I wanted parking on campus, I understand that undergrads get parking in some lots that are far away, and then have to take a shuttle bus to main campus? or do they get parking on the lots closer to the meds building?

Thanks!

There are a number of different buses that can get you onto campus from the downtown area. The 51 University leaves right from the go station and go right through mac. If you walk down to Jackson Square at King and James you can catch the 10 B-Line, 52 Main West, 5C West Hamilton or 1A King and all of these will take you too campus as well. From downtown the B-Line is the quickest and takes about 10-15 minutes whereas the others are usually at least 20.

Do Macmeds get U passes?

If you are living near the Go train station/ St Joes, which buses would you take to get to campus/ how long would it take to get there?

If I wanted parking on campus, I understand that undergrads get parking in some lots that are far away, and then have to take a shuttle bus to main campus? or do they get parking on the lots closer to the meds building?

Thanks!

Nope, you do not get bus passes. The student council opted out of this, I guess because we pretty much all get hospital parking passes in clerkship.

If you are parking on campus, you'll likely have to park in the far lots with the shuttle bus. The closer lots are mainly for staff. Best bet is to bus/bike/find someone near campus who will rent their driveway to you.

Is there a solid group of students who plan on using transit?

I don't know how to drive yet so it would be great if there were a few people from my future tutorial group who I could bus with to wherever our tutorial ends up being! (*crosses fingers that it's on campus*)

Maybe this question would be more appropriate when we get our schedules :)

I wonder if it's currently done or if everyone drives :P

Archived