Premed 101 Forums

Bad luck for mcat 2015 ?

buddy

hi

i have no science background . i have masters degree in linguistics and i want to take pre requisites in 2 years and take mcat.

are these 2 years enough to get through mcat , due to the fact that in 2015 there are going to be substantial changes to the test and if i dont pass mcat by that year i need to start reading new courses such as psychology sociology and ... . let alone all strategies and practice tests i would have done during this time. as i heard the whole formation and concept of questions going to change.so i need to start over in 2015.

am i in bad luck ?

You have a Masters degree in Linguistics... yet you never took intro Sociology or Psychology as an option during undergrad?

From what I've heard and seen, they are the two most common elective choices for people.

Even if you haven't, if you're doing the pre-reqs in two years, you should have space for intro Sociology and Psychology in your schedule, no?

I don't think you should fear that at all. I haven't done the MCAT yet either, but I don't think behavioral sciences are a negative thing at all. Much better than writing, IMO, but 2013 and 2014 are the two best years to take it. :D

You have a Masters degree in Linguistics... yet you never took intro Sociology or Psychology as an option during undergrad?

From what I've heard and seen, they are the two most common elective choices for people.

:D

i took some courses like psycholinguistics and sociolinguistics ,but i dont think they are going to cover .

You can do well on the MCAT without taking any university courses on the material if you have textbooks or other prep material. So taking courses for 2 years just to write the MCAT seems a bit silly to me (unless you are taking prereqs so you can apply to more schools?). But yes, 2 years should be more than enough time to learn everything and take a few basic science courses ...

You can do well on the MCAT without taking any university courses on the material if you have textbooks or other prep material. So taking courses for 2 years just to write the MCAT seems a bit silly to me (unless you are taking prereqs so you can apply to more schools?). But yes, 2 years should be more than enough time to learn everything and take a few basic science courses ...

the reason is going to take 2 years is that my priority is ubc, and i need to take the courses as an unclassified student there, i heard getting courses in non-degree study is very difficult and they dont give u the pre requisites u need because other students are in priority. thats why getting 24 credits is going to take so much time.

Archived