Premed 101 Forums

Completion of Prereqs before applying

I have not completed all the prereqs for American Schools yet. I still need to take another half-year physics, half-year english and half-year gen chem. I am applying this june and I am writing mcat on July 6th, so realistically scores should be in by Aug 6th. I was wondering whether the incompletion of prereqs before the application will affect the processing of applications or not? If yes, by how much will it delay the applications?

P.S. I am going back to school this Sep to complete these.

I just don't understand why people apply to US schools when they're not ready. If your MCAT is low, if your GPA is low and esp if you haven't complte all prereq. DON'T APPLY.

US schools are quite different from Canada med schools. They always, as far as I know, ask you whether ur an re-applicatn. You can guess why they do that.

They always told u not to re-apply unless you have some major changes in your application. I suspect that they put re-applicants in a different batch, and will look at that batch later. They claimed that they have already look at your application in detail already, so they're not going to waste time doing that again. They have tons of applications every year.

It seems that you got one chance to apply, and if you don't meet the standard, they won't look at it again. My suggestion is WHEN UR ready, apply early, with all MCAT, prereq, GPA as good as possible, and apply as many as u can.

Archived