Premed 101 Forums

CMA students/doctors survey (Physician Salaries)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Hmm. I've gotta get off this computer and do some studying, but before I do, here's some more statistical data published by the CMA. There's tons of demographic and revenue-related information for both current physicians, and for medical students.

www.cma.ca/statinfo/index.htm

Ian

UBC, MS2

• 1 year later...
Guest Ian Wong

Donnie,

Thanks for floating that dead link up. Here's the new set of links; the CMA didn't change the content, but just shifted the information around on their own website.

The current CMA Medical Student's Center website can be found here. Within this link, you will find tables and information on hours worked, on-call, workload, income, change in net professional income, overhead expenses, change in overhead expenses, practice setting, professional stress, and some other information on physician demographics. Definitely worth checking out here:

Medical Student's Center

The table of salaries broken down by different specialties, and for each province, can now be found here:

Table of Canadian Physician Salaries by Specialty and Province

Here's also a large number of statistical data tables for Canadian physicians and physicians-in-training, including such things as a breakdown of enrollment in Canadian medical schools, distribution of physicians by gender, specialty, and geography, and tables on physician workload and hours:

Statistical Information on Canadian Physicians

Again, thanks for pointing out that dead link so I could update it.

Ian

• 1 year later...
Guest Donnie Darko

" Here's the newest set of Canadian physician salaries as posted by the CMA.

www.cma.ca/staticContent/HTML/N0/l2/studentlounge/medicine/income.htm"

Dead link

Guest Donnie Darko

Ahhh, thanks for the fix Ian, it was posted in the FAQ but when I checked it it was dead, great info though.

I know this might be a touchy subject to the gurlies, but why is it that the women are working lighter hours than the men??

Guest UWOMED2005

Probably because the men are slacking off on their part of the dishes and laundry still, despite the fact both spouses might have a career.

At the very least, us men are slacking off on carrying children and going though labour. You really can't dispute that one.

Guest Donnie Darko

"At the very least, us men are slacking off on carrying children and going though labour. You really can't dispute that one."

I wasn't trying to be sexist, just honestly curious. So when they come up with these figures are they factoring in maternity leave? If so I guess that would explain it.

Archived