Premed 101 Forums

time needed for studying for mcat

nkn2012

Hi guys, :o

I have just started studying for MCAT, I started attending the princeton review mcat class from yesterday which will take exactly 2 months to finish. Its is held mon-fri for 2h, and I am writing the mcat on september 11th,

anyways, my question: is 3 months of studying enough to do well on MCAT? I am currently not working and plan to study 6h everyday until my MCAT exam !!

Do you guys think its enough??

Note: I have not taken oraganic chem 2 and physics 2, so I have to study a bit harder for those sections!

:(

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

I'd say 3 months with 6hr/day studying is definitely enough if not overkill. It's just really hard to discipline yourself to keep studying. The key is to have a solid study plan with regular break days to avoid burnout and stick to your plan religiously. Leave the last month for practice exams.

I did the mcat about a week after my Princeton course and that time was too much for me. I found that I was sharpest a few days following my completion of the course, and the extra days just made me go a little crazy. Anywho it worked out in the end. Point is that's plenty of time, if not too much. Don't forget if you study too long you can forget things you learned early on

It really depends on you, if you can stay focused for long periods of time and not be exhausted mentally then 3 months is plenty, if you need lots of breaks then you obviously need more time. Good LuCK!

Archived