Premed 101 Forums

start from scratch

buddy

hi

it has been so many years from my high school and my post secondary studies were not related to science at all.

i was wondering if i want to start from scratch , without knowing (or forgetting) basic principles of physics ,mathematics and chemistry ,how long does it take to cover all the material related to mcat . is it possible?

is there any book that covers materials and courses for mcat , for those who do not want to take the pre-requisite courses in a college or university?

thanks in advance

I would say minimum 4-5 months of intensive work. I'm actually being generous here, knowing you have little/no background of organic, physiology, biochemistry, and physics. Off course you can always finish everything in 3-4 months with a proper schedule but if you really want to get a high score, you need more time IMO. Really depends on how much time you are wiling to spend each day studying.

There are several books you can buy, EK, Kaplan, etc.

It's possible, but if I were you I would want to take those courses first. Most med schools have some prerequisites anyway, so you'd be limiting the number of places you can apply to by not having bio chem and physics under your belt at least.

Archived