Premed 101 Forums

TPR FL tests?

love_fire

I'm taking the TPR course right now, and I'm 5 or 6 weeks in. We've had to take a few practice tests and so far it's been a little discouraging. The first test was AAMC 10 (taken one week after the course had started) and I got 26 on that (8/11/7) mainly by sheer luck (a lot of it was guessing...). Since then we've had 2 other tests, and on both I've done significantly worse (22 on TPR 1 and 23 on TPR 2 (6/8/9)). I just did TPR 2 today and after being more than halfway into the course I expected to do a bit better... I've been doing the homework assigned with the course, but I guess I haven't really had much time to review the stuff we did earlier in the course.

For others who took the TPR course, how long did it take for your scores to improve? And are TPR tests generally a little harder than the AAMC ones?

Thanks all :)

Hey, I have been in a TRP course for about a month, but have only taken AAMC 10 (4/7/10). I took it after 3 weeks in the course and pretty much guessed/ picked C for the PS (I haven't really done physics or chem in years ... but I'm workin' on it). So don't fret ... you did WAY better than me! The TPR tests are much harder I have heard, so don't worry too much. Keep working away at it.

I found it hard to judge your ability when you take a practice MCAT halfway through your studying because you haven't learned everything yet - and if the test seems to "focus" on a topic you haven't covered in detail yet that can really affect your score just by messing up a couple passages. I didn't start getting "good" scores until after I was done the prep course and my own studying and had reviewed everything briefly from the beginning again (i.e. after I had gone through and memorized everything rather than after I had just learned the material). And you still aren't getting bad scores, my first few tests were way worse :P

Archived