Premed 101 Forums

Some Hope for a long time BC-admirer?

Hi guys,

I have lived in Toronto all my life but I have always longed for a chance to study in the West. I have seen countless pictures from BC and to be honest, to be able to study there one day (esp if it's med) would be a dream come true for me.

I'm considered OOP if I apply to UBC next year and I was wondering what my chances are.

I just finished my UG at U of T. My cGPA is 89%, and my aGPA is about 91.5%. MCAT is P13, V9, W:S and B13. (I know... my VR sucks!) ECs are hospital research (publication in progress, so not counted), travel, int. humanitarian relief missions, Canadian Red Cross, hospital volunteering (~200 hours), some recreational sports to stay in shape b/c I'm getting out of shape.

Got rejected post interview at U of T this yr, but it might be a blessing in disguise if I ever make it to UBC.

25 this yr, so I would need to find a career that would be keep me occupied while I continue to work on med apps. Planning to do a one-yr master this fall (come w/ a practicum, and I alrdy got a prelim job offer to continue my research at the hospital)

Thanks guys.

I would definitely apply. Based on last cycle and the stats you have provided us with, you should be getting 50/50 for your AQ and your NAQ sounds pretty good too! You have a very good shot at an interview! Good luck and hopefully your dream comes true and you can experience the beauty of BC! :)

Hi guys,

I have lived in Toronto all my life but I have always longed for a chance to study in the West. I have seen countless pictures from BC and to be honest, to be able to study there one day (esp if it's med) would be a dream come true for me.

I'm considered OOP if I apply to UBC next year and I was wondering what my chances are.

I just finished my UG at U of T. My cGPA is 89%, and my aGPA is 91.5%. MCAT is P13, V8, W:S and B13. (I know... my VR sucks!) ECs are hospital research (publication in progress, so not counted), travel, int. humanitarian relief missions, Canadian Red Cross, hospital volunteering (~200 hours), some recreational sports to stay in shape b/c I'm getting out of shape.

Got rejected post interview at U of T this yr, but it might be a blessing in disguise if I ever make it to UBC.

25 this yr, so I would need to find a career that would be keep me occupied while I continue to work on med apps. Planning to do a one-yr master this fall (come w/ a practicum, and I alrdy got a prelim job offer to continue my research at the hospital)

Thanks guys.

• 11 months later...

Hey guys, I just want to resurrect this thread to thank all of you for your kind words of encouragement you all gave to me last year! Thanks to your overwhelming support, I was able to get into my dream school (UBC) today! Hope to see all of you some day!

Cheers,

hamham

Hi guys,

I just finished my UG at U of T. My cGPA is 89%, and my aGPA is about 91.5%. MCAT is P13, V9, W:S and B13. (I know... my VR sucks!) ECs are hospital research (publication in progress, so not counted), travel, int. humanitarian relief missions, Canadian Red Cross, hospital volunteering (~200 hours), some recreational sports to stay in shape b/c I'm getting out of shape.

Thanks guys.

As OOP you have a chance to get in for sure.

As IP you have a very good chance to get in.

Both cases you'll need a good interview.

If you have a health card here, you can apply as IP.

Some things to think about.

Best of luck!

Best of luck!

The OP already got in! Check the dates of the posts :)

Best of luck!

hahahaha :)

If you apply you will likely get an interview. Then anything is possible

Hey guys, I just want to resurrect this thread to thank all of you for your kind words of encouragement you all gave to me last year! Thanks to your overwhelming support, I was able to get into my dream school (UBC) today! Hope to see all of you some day!

Cheers,

hamham

Haha, didnt notice the dates. Or that i had posted int he thread already. But I was right wasn't about the interview hahah

congratulations on your acceptance :)

Archived