Premed 101 Forums

Toronto Police Reference Check

I live in Toronto and the Toronto Police will not do a Vulnerable check unless you are with a registered agency.

Anyone knows where to find these agencies? Is UofT med school a registered agency? Thanks!

UofT is registered. You will have to go down to the registrars office with ID and pick up a form, which you will then take to the police station nearby (the admin office will direct you) and submit it. I believe it was $18 or so (definitely less than $20).

Hey galleryON,

You'll have to go to the registrar's office first and get a form filled out by them, and then bring it to the police office at Bay and College. Check Welcome package pg 16 for more info.

Look forward to meeting you in the fall!

Thanks for the direction! Looking forward to seeing you too!

UofT is registered. You will have to go down to the registrars office with ID and pick up a form, which you will then take to the police station nearby (the admin office will direct you) and submit it. I believe it was $18 or so (definitely less than $20).

Thanks for the info! Another dummy question: $18 for one copy or for two copies?

Guest Fresh_Underwear

I went to do this a few weeks ago and was told that I need to get either money order or certified cheque for 34 something dollars. It takes anywhere between 9 to 12 weeks for the thing to be processed, but I was reassured by the registrar office that they won't start checking whether you have this on file until September, but in any case you should start on this quickly.

I went to do this a few weeks ago and was told that I need to get either money order or certified cheque for 34 something dollars. It takes anywhere between 9 to 12 weeks for the thing to be processed, but I was reassured by the registrar office that they won't start checking whether you have this on file until September, but in any case you should start on this quickly.

Money order or cheque, really? I just paid them using debit. And although I was given two copies from the registrar's office, the clerk at the police station told me that I only needed to submit one and didn't accept the second copy. Hopefully that is okay.

Money order or cheque, really? I just paid them using debit. And although I was given two copies from the registrar's office, the clerk at the police station told me that I only needed to submit one and didn't accept the second copy. Hopefully that is okay.

Did you submit the form to Toronto Police office in person? Do you remember what is the room number in their building? Thanks!

If you go in the main entrance there is a line for people just doing reference checks. There will be people there around the line to assist you. I paid credit, and they took both forms. Weird that they only took one for you, maadaputar.

Ya I was surprised too. I even told her that I think I am supposed to give you both, but she simply refused to take it. Maybe I'll email the registrar's office and let them know.

Ya I was surprised too. I even told her that I think I am supposed to give you both, but she simply refused to take it. Maybe I'll email the registrar's office and let them know.

Maybe you just need only one request form to get 2 copies? Since it's one request and just 2 “same copies of report"? When they just stare at you and don't explain things it gets really annoy sometimes....

Hi, many thanks to everyone for the helpful information.

I submitted my request at Toronto Police Office (college&bay) 5 minutes ago. Here are some info about the one copy vs. two copies.

1. They only took one request form, and asked me to write a short note stating that I need two copies.

2. They only charged me $16.95, i.e., the fee of one copy.

The lady called someone and confirmed before she processed my case. She also explained to me that Toronto police office recently changed their rules regarding request from U of Toronto Medical School.

Now the record check takes 10-12 weeks.

Hi, many thanks to everyone for the helpful information.

I submitted my request at Toronto Police Office (college&bay) 5 minutes ago. Here are some info about the one copy vs. two copies.

1. They only took one request form, and asked me to write a short note stating that I need two copies.

2. They only charged me $16.95, i.e., the fee of one copy.

The lady called someone and confirmed before she processed my case. She also explained to me that Toronto police office recently changed their rules regarding request from U of Toronto Medical School.

Now the record check takes 10-12 weeks.

Yup, that was my situation exactly. Thanks for posting this galleryON.

Has anyone received their background checks in the mail yet?

I submitted my request to Toronto Police around May 20, but haven't heard back yet. It's been, what, 6 weeks? I am curious to see how long it takes for other people.

I submitted mine around that time as well and haven't heard back; not just you. Not really sure why it takes so long.

• 2 weeks later...
I submitted mine around that time as well and haven't heard back; not just you. Not really sure why it takes so long.

So my form came back with a stamp on the top righthand corner. The stamp says:

Please be advised that a search of the National Criminal Records Repository maintained by the RCMP did not identify any records for a person with the name(s) and date of birth as indicated. Positive identification that a criminal record may or may not exist at the NCRR can only be confirmed by fingerprints comparison.

Does this mean that they couldn't find my name or that I have no criminal record? lol... :confused:

So my form came back with a stamp on the top righthand corner. The stamp says:

Does this mean that they couldn't find my name or that I have no criminal record? lol... :confused:

It means that they couldn't find you in the criminal record database, meaning that you're clear :)

I went into UofT today to hand off my immunization form and asked about the police reference checks. It seems people who gave their forms in in May are starting to receive their results back.

They're aware that it could take a while to receive the reference check back so the August 3/4 deadline is not solid

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived