Premed 101 Forums

Frustrating prof situation

pbear

Wow I spoke too soon.

When I E-mailed the academic counselors from that department earlier this week they said he hadn't submitted a mark. They tried to get in touch with him on Monday but he hasn't responded.

I think he just lost my exam....again.

I don't even know what the moral of this story is?? :confused:

Wow sounds like someone might get an A+ haha.. I hope you do.

Wow sounds like someone might get an A+ haha.. I hope you do.

An automatic A+ wouldn't make sense no matter how nice it would be. A more realistic result would be making him do the exam again (and yes that sounds idiotic, depends on your university's policy), or taking the final exam out of the marking scheme and basing your mark on past assignments/midterms.

An automatic A+ wouldn't make sense no matter how nice it would be. A more realistic result would be making him do the exam again (and yes that sounds idiotic, depends on your university's policy), or taking the final exam out of the marking scheme and basing your mark on past assignments/midterms.

In the Fall of 2011 an entire third year MIT class at Western (my school) got an automatic 85% in the beginning of the term because the professor couldn't teach it anymore.

Anyway, if an entire class can get an 85% by default in the beginning of the term surely they can do something for someone who has written the final twice without making them write it a third time. We'll see..

I would suggest to thank those that have given you the dime-store advice that a forum's population can share (myself included) and hire a lawyer. You'll get accurate advice and not to mention things will happen way faster when correspondences are written by lawyers.

Your university might have a law school. If so, see if they do student pro bono work.

Sounds like your prof is an irresponsible cur.

Interesting. Thanks! :)

Yeah I guess I just wanted a place to complain a bit and gain some insight until I figure out what to do.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived