Premed 101 Forums

DRE

Guest dmdmd

Guest UWOMED2005

Possibly. But it depends on the province, and I doubt it as family physicians also do DREs, they're relatively routine, and for the almost equally routine flu shot administration (which takes about the same amount of time) family physicians get about $3 or so (that's not a typo.)

Guest UWOMED2005

Here's a link that will help you for Ontario: www.gov.on.ca/health/engl...rv_mn.html

I wasn't able to find the exact code for a DRE in the docs, but bottom line is, I highly doubt it. As you only get just over $400 to remove a prostate , I highly they'll pay $400 for you to feel it. And considering we were told in class that one of the reasons the gov't refused to pay the $25 or whatever for a PSA test was because it's cheaper to have Docs do DREs, making it highly unlikely that they get $400. In fact, I think it's just considered part of a general FP assessment - which is $54.10 for a first time visit, and $29.95 (is it just me, or does that figure remind anyone of Dr. Nick Riviera? :) ) for every visit after that.

Guest Ian Wong

No, no, no, that's $129.95!

And no, urologists don't make 400 bucks per rectal. If they did, everyone would be a urologist...

Ian

Guest UWOMED2005

That's right - it was $129.95. . . meaning Dr. Nick Riviera makes more than Canadian physicians!

Scheisse. . . I'm going to the US! (NOT!!)

Archived