Premed 101 Forums

How long did it take you to find a dentist job after graduation?

How long did it take you to find a dentist job after graduation from dental school?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How long did it take you to find a dentist job after graduation from dental school?

• Right away (0 months)
    • 1-2 months
    • 3-4 months
    • 5-6 Months
    • 7-8 months
    • 9-11 months
    • 1 year +
    • I have not find a job as an associate dentist
    • I opened my own place right away

So here's a question for recent/pas dental school grads.

How long did it take you to find a job? Please write your comments here. You can participate in the poll. *Edit* apparently people are suggesting comments are better, so use comments if possible* edit*

Also, tell us how did you find the job, and how much effort did you put into finding the right place to work? (Assuming if you didn't open your own place)

So here's a question for recent/pas dental school grads.

How long did it take you to find a job? Please participate in the poll.

Also, tell us how did you find the job, and how much effort did you put into finding the right place to work? (Assuming if you didn't open your own place)

Hi,

This past year the OUAC did a survey of post grads for every undergraduate program in Ontario. Dentistry came in at the top with an employment rate of 99-100% a year after graduation and average starting salary somewhere between 90-110k. Go to http://www.cou.on.ca/statistics/cudo for exact figures.

Hope this helps

Hi,

This past year the OUAC did a survey of post grads for every undergraduate program in Ontario. Dentistry came in at the top with an employment rate of 99-100% a year after graduation and average starting salary somewhere between 90-110k. Go to http://www.cou.on.ca/statistics/cudo for exact figures.

Hope this helps

How does that site work?? I can't find the stats lol

I am sorta not buying some numbers though, Science grads MUST have less percentage finding jobs... unless if working at Tim Hortons is considered a related job to these guys...

The end of year (Fall semester) survey for 2011 employment rates were for field related employment.

I am sorta not buying some numbers though, Science grads MUST have less percentage finding jobs... unless if working at Tim Hortons is considered a related job to these guys...

yeah..its actually quite possible to get a field related job with a science background...a lot of science graduates end up as research assistants at labs within an academic setting...these jobs dont pay much but they exist

Yah I wouldn't trust those numbers either. The sample size and response rate are both really low.

yeah..its actually quite possible to get a field related job with a science background...a lot of science graduates end up as research assistants at labs within an academic setting...these jobs dont pay much but they exist

Maybe back in 2008, now that grant funding is cut severely, I doubt if it would be possible.

Also, RA positions are usually reserved for Grad Students, which technically speaking aren't the best job ever.

Woe 2 people are saying 1 year+. outlook not so good.

Don't trust the results of this poll, at least not until people who voted explain their choice. There are always people on forums who click random things just to be ... You should've just started a discussion and asked people about their experiences with finding jobs after graduation. This way, at least you force them to disclose their experiences rather than to just click something.

Don't trust the results of this poll, at least not until people who voted explain their choice. There are always people on forums who click random things just to be ... You should've just started a discussion and asked people about their experiences with finding jobs after graduation. This way, at least you force them to disclose their experiences rather than to just click something.

Ok I changed the original post to reflect what you suggested.

Hopefully we can get a straight answer out of this.

Poll results are interesting. Dentists do not have problems finding a job. No one I know has had an issue getting a job when they wanted one. The quality of the job (part-time vs full-time, terms of associateship, hours, etc.) are a different argument but you`ll have a job.

Poll results are interesting. Dentists do not have problems finding a job. No one I know has had an issue getting a job when they wanted one. The quality of the job (part-time vs full-time, terms of associateship, hours, etc.) are a different argument but you`ll have a job.

Interesting. Please do share your insight regarding these issues.

Interesting. Please do share your insight regarding these issues.

tbh though, there arent many people on this forum who contribute to it and are currently already dentists...i know of only 2-3 off the top of my head that ive seen as regular contributors...theres a good chance, as legion mentions, that a lot of the 1+ years are probably pre-dents/pre-meds or just for fun people...it'd have been a better poll if you made the usernames public..

Is there an option for that?

yup, when you had created a poll, there was an option then to make usernames public...you cant edit to show the names now though...if you'd like, try seeing if you can scrap this poll and make one with the usernames public...

yup, when you had created a poll, there was an option then to make usernames public...you cant edit to show the names now though...if you'd like, try seeing if you can scrap this poll and make one with the usernames public...

hmm wonder if that's possible. This current 3 to 5 stats is pretty bad.

hmm wonder if that's possible. This current 3 to 5 stat is pretty bad.

its not true most probably though haha

for a person to vote that it took them 1+yr to get a job, they would have to be dentists who graduated at least 2 years ago who still visit the forums on their downtime...what aare the chances of that happening lol?

Archived