Premed 101 Forums

Bioinformatics 210 Aka Binf 210

Does anyone know if BINF 210 is easy (Introduction to Bioinformatics). Someone told me it's easy. Easy lab assignments, midterm.

But I'm not sure. PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CLASS, HOLLA BACK.

Reason being, I'm contemplating taking either psych 260 (health psych) and I dunno who the professor is and I dunno how hard the class is and what the outline is but it DEFINITELY sounds more interesting than bioinformatics lol.

Much thanks.

:D

lol... I'm surprised how many people are asking about classes after registration... lol... procrastinators...

Binf 210 is very similar to BMSC 240... its all techniques... If you liked BMSC 240 do it... if not, do something else... but prof's nice... just like BMSC 240 prof... so I would advocate that you take it!!! There are better mark boosters out there, most of which involve 100 lvl... Do kin classes... both 121 and 122 are easy...

Psy 260 never heard of it... but I've heard good things from the psy 246...

Thanks big guy! But you shouldn't feel surprised ;)

BINF 210: only 100 seats

Therefore...people keep it on the down low...manage to sign up for the class and THEN ask people whether it's safe to take. Otherwise, it's a simple switch to something else.

Have you taken the class?? Perhaps I should've re-phrased the overall question...

Best 200 level mark boosters???

Thanks y'all. :D

I think it was a good class. Im not sure if shakiba is teaching it again but she is amazing! I got a good mark but I did take another binfo class prior.

If you had to chose between neuro psych (psych 246) and binf 210, which one would you choose? Which one's easier?

Thanks.

I thought about taking either of those actually last year and went with BINFO. I think it depends on the person but I hear neuro psych is alot of work / memorization but it is very interesting. I asked a few people who took it and they said if you work very hard you can do well. I chose BINFO because of my past experience with BINFO even though I knew I would have appreciated the neuro psych class more.

I think its too hard to say though, it depends on the person!

If you have the opportunity to take Neuropsych with Lorin Elias I would strongly recommend it. The guy is a phenomenal and hilarious prof. The class is easy to do well in provided you go to class and have a moderate science background. I found that classes like Neuropsych and Physiological Psych seemed to be slowed down in the delivery of their "science content" because the classes are more stratified in terms of majors and degree paths (not singling out the cognitive psychologists or anything....) I've never taken BINF at the U of S though so I can't give you a direct comparison.

If you have the opportunity to take Neuropsych with Lorin Elias I would strongly recommend it. The guy is a phenomenal and hilarious prof. The class is easy to do well in provided you go to class and have a moderate science background. I found that classes like Neuropsych and Physiological Psych seemed to be slowed down in the delivery of their "science content" because the classes are more stratified in terms of majors and degree paths (not singling out the cognitive psychologists or anything....) I've never taken BINF at the U of S though so I can't give you a direct comparison.

What was the course outline if you don't mind me asking? For Neuropsych of course.

Archived