Premed 101 Forums

Retaking AAMC tests

globy321

In general, I would recommend against it. Try to do new practice passages if you can find them (Kaplan, Princeton TBR, EK...etc). Also, remember that AAMC released #11 a new test a year back (can't remember the exact release date), so you might want to try that as well.

Best of luck! :)

I've heard that is also the general consensus, but I've also heard that some people don't even remember the questions to the passage, let alone the passage itself after 1 year of not looking at them.

I recently re-did AAMC 3R, having done it 6 months ago. Most of it I didn't specific details - though some of the questions i had difficulty with before I did remember... for a small number of questions I remembered what the right answer was, but for some others I just remembered having trouble with it but not remembering which answer is right.

If it was a year ago, you should probably be okay and its good practice if you have nothing else - just keep in mind that your score may be biased and probably not reflective.

I recently re-did AAMC 3R, having done it 6 months ago. Most of it I didn't specific details - though some of the questions i had difficulty with before I did remember... for a small number of questions I remembered what the right answer was, but for some others I just remembered having trouble with it but not remembering which answer is right.

If it was a year ago, you should probably be okay and its good practice if you have nothing else - just keep in mind that your score may be biased and probably not reflective.

I found the opposite, I hadn't looked at them since Last June and went through one with my gf this week to help her out a bit and I remembered almost all of the passages as we started going through it..

Archived