Premed 101 Forums

Aboriginal application process

I was wondering whether anyone had any experience with or knowledge of the Aboriginal application process. I know you submit your proof of ancestry and a letter, and I know you're only competing with the other Aboriginal applicants. But what I'm wondering is, how are the applicants compared?

I can't find any info on the stats of the Aboriginal applicants they've accepted, I have no idea whether I am likely to be competitive. If I'm not chosen for the Aboriginal process but my scores are sufficient for the general pool, can I still be considered?

If anyone has info for me I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I just thought I'd pass along the additional info I found out for any other Aboriginal applicants considering applying under the Aboriginal process.

The ASHS office informed me that it can never hurt you to apply under the Aboriginal process so if your performance would get you in under the regular process, the same would be true for the Aboriginal process.

I still don't know whether the selection criteria are different and to what degree the letter you write is considered so if anyone has more info that would be a great help!

Thanks!

Even without being an Aboriginal applicant, you're still competitive. Congrats on the verbal score!

You've got a very nice chance at Mac if you do well on CASPer. You've also got a nice shot at several other schools (not sure about Ottawa though, depending on your wGPA)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived