Premed 101 Forums

examkrackers verbal strategy

ondansetron

Has anyone here practised the suggested reading of question stems after finishing a practice test and also summarizing/writing the main ideas for each passage in the test?

I just feel like its a lot of work and I really want to make sure that it might lead to improvement before I invest more time in the strategy.

thanks

Instead of writing down your summary, perhaps it would be better if you took a mental note of it.

Has anyone here practised the suggested reading of question stems after finishing a practice test and also summarizing/writing the main ideas for each passage in the test?

I just feel like its a lot of work and I really want to make sure that it might lead to improvement before I invest more time in the strategy.

thanks

I've tried their strategy and am still doing it. Well I've been doing their strategy for about 2 months and went from 8 to 9 to pretty consistent 10s. The important part of it is that you're doing something active. Looking at correct answers after the test doesn't take much mind power and you won't remember. At this point I've changed to strategy. I still wait 1 day. Then read a passage and write out the main idea. Then I try to answer the questions USING the main idea I wrote and gaining info from the question stems themselves. When you do this you'll really start to realize where you're going wrong and halve little breakthroughs in between.

But if you're not doing something active like this you won't really know how to improve.

thanks

It's not really a strategy. In a nutshell, its just focusing on the main idea of the passages. No weird things like skipping around or mapping or whatever. You just read the passages and do the questions all in order. Oh, and read the questions and answers carefully, and that's pretty much it.

It's a very natural way to go about it. Most people who are "naturally" good at VR do it this way.

Archived