Premed 101 Forums

where to put research papers/abstracts/poster

• 3 months later...

hey all sorry to dig up an old thread, but im a bit stumped on how to enter research publications and conference presentations. I'm an MSc graduate and have 3 pubs, and numerous podium/oral presentations at international conferences.

On other MD apps for other programs I listed these as individual entries - however for UofA it fills up my 5 diversity spots without allowing me to include any other (non-research) extracurricular commitments!

Suggestions on how others with fairly research heavy applications have tackled this issue? Is it pushing my luck to have "Journal Publications" as a single entry and list multiple within the description? Thanks for any advice!!!

I only have one paper and a few abstracts so I lumped it into one entry and also used the additional comments section.

My citations weren't standard though i.e. I didn't list all the authors

Since your publications are more extensive, you might want to contact the office to see if they have any specific advice for grad students

Thanks for the advice - I tried contacting the admissions office but unfortunately they were unable to offer any additional advice. They just said to use our best judgement, and also referred me back to the brief instructions provided on the website.

In terms of strategies for inputting multiple publications, has anyone simply gone with bulking them all into 1 entry called Research, or Publications? Obviously not all the full titles would fit so I'm a bit hesitant in that regard (although PMIDs might be sufficient?). Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks again!

Archived