Premed 101 Forums

Am I expecting an unrealistic improvement?

emilyxu7

I am writing my MCAT in 24 days. So far, I have been scoring about 8/10 or 11/8 or 9 P (PS/VR/BS) on average on my practice tests (I have done about 6 tests... AAMC 9 and TPR 1 to 5). I am aiming for a 10/11/10 Q on the actual MCAT. I am new to a lot of the material in the sciences and am still doing a lot of practice to get better. Is this an unrealistic improvement to hope for in the limited time that I have? Should I go to Edmonton (it's pretty far for me) to get an extra 15 days to study and write on September 6? :confused:

I am entering 3rd year next year so I am basically looking at Queens/UofT/Mac/Ottawa for next year. My GPA is high 3.8x to low 3.9x (depending on what school) and my ECs are decent.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I am writing my MCAT in 24 days. So far, I have been scoring about 8/10 or 11/8 or 9 P (PS/VR/BS) on average on my practice tests (I have done about 6 tests... AAMC 9 and TPR 1 to 5). I am aiming for a 10/11/10 Q on the actual MCAT. I am new to a lot of the material in the sciences and am still doing a lot of practice to get better. Is this an unrealistic improvement to hope for in the limited time that I have? Should I go to Edmonton (it's pretty far for me) to get an extra 15 days to study and write on September 6? :confused:

I am entering 3rd year next year so I am basically looking at Queens/UofT/Mac/Ottawa for next year. My GPA is high 3.8x to low 3.9x (depending on what school) and my ECs are decent.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

24 days is still a lot of time to study. there is also something to be said for over studying, if you defer to write in Edmonton giving yourself 15 more days you may over study and burn yourself out. I think you should just study as hard as you can in these 24 days and then give the real test your best effort, not much else you can do. Plus the adrenaline rush of the actual test helps to focus you like no practice test can ( at least that was my experience, i felt that the stress of the actual test actually helped me). I ended up doing better on my actual test than any of my practice tests.

Archived