Premed 101 Forums

Any chance what so ever?

My OMSAS CGPA is 3.52... although the absolute cut-off is ~3.0, I think the entrance avg was ~3.75 last year... so GPA's obviously a bit low. I'm writing my MCAT in 2 days and have been getting ~9 in VR on the practice tests... last year's entrace avg was 10.6 or something like that, so my score is low there too... do I have any chance of even getting an interview with a 3.52 and a 9?

This is no time to doubt yourself, my friend. Think about stats. and averages after you are done your MCAT. In the meantime, relax and just be cool - it ain't that hard.

I had a 9 on my last practice test before my MCAT and averaged a 9 or so on VR. I scored an 11 on the real thing because of a "what's the worst thing that can happen/carpe diem" mentality that I built up in my 40 min car ride to the test center. The power of a perfect VR score is within you - run free and unleash it.

My OMSAS CGPA is 3.52... although the absolute cut-off is ~3.0, I think the entrance avg was ~3.75 last year... so GPA's obviously a bit low. I'm writing my MCAT in 2 days and have been getting ~9 in VR on the practice tests... last year's entrace avg was 10.6 or something like that, so my score is low there too... do I have any chance of even getting an interview with a 3.52 and a 9?

Archived